Following the release of PostgreSQL 10 we have released new binary packages as Psycopg 220.127.116.11. There are no code changes from Psycopg 2.7.3, but the new binary packages ship with the PostgreSQL 10 client library, enabling the use of new features such as multiple hosts in connection string, read-only mode, SCRAM-SHA-256 authentication.
We have released psycopg2 release 18.104.22.168 as a new build of psycopg 2.7.3. The new build only affects the wheel packages and contains no change in the code.
The release 22.214.171.124 fixes psycopg2-wheels bug #2 which was in turn caused by auditwheel bug #80, resulting in incompatibility with glibc 2.26. The problem only affects Linux wheels users, it doesn't affect Windows, OSX, or user installing psycopg2 from source.
A quick release to fix a regression found in psycopg 2.7.2:
- Restored default timestamptz typecasting to Python datetime. Regression introduced in Psycopg 2.7.2 (ticket #578).
Releasing psycopg2 version 2.7.2: a release fixing a host of bugs found in the last 3-4 months.
A quick bugfix release to solve some teething problems with some of the changes introduced in 2.7:
- Ignore None arguments passed to connect() and make_dsn() (ticket #517).
- OpenSSL upgraded from major version 0.9.8 to 1.0.2 in the Linux wheel packages (ticket #518).
- Fixed build with libpq versions < 9.3 (ticket #520).
Finally here! Thank you very much for waiting so long: we have finally released Psycopg 2.7!
- Faster! Helps generating SQL for repeatedly executed statements and faster Unicode decoding.
- Safer! Helps generating dynamic SQL statements with variable table and field names.
- Easier! Use the binary package to avoid the need of C compiler, pg_config, libpq required on the clients.
- Replication! Support for PostgreSQL physical and logical replication.
- Plays-better-with-pgbouncer-at-transaction-pooling-level! This.
we have released psycopg2 version 2.7 beta 2. This version comes two years after the previous major release so it is packed with new features and improvements; among the main points:
Psycopg 2.6.2 has been released. You can get it from:
This is an interim release, packing together one year of bug fixes, before the release 2.7, intended to deliver several new features. Thank you very much to everybody contributing with reports, code, suggestions.
Psycopg 2.6.1 has been released. You can get it from:
We have just released two Psycopg versions: 2.5.5 containing a few bug fixes and 2.6 introducing some new features.