Articles from March 2017
A quick bugfix release to solve some teething problems with some of the changes introduced in 2.7:
- Ignore None arguments passed to connect() and make_dsn() (ticket #517).
- OpenSSL upgraded from major version 0.9.8 to 1.0.2 in the Linux wheel packages (ticket #518).
- Fixed build with libpq versions < 9.3 (ticket #520).
Finally here! Thank you very much for waiting so long: we have finally released Psycopg 2.7!
- Faster! Helps generating SQL for repeatedly executed statements and faster Unicode decoding.
- Safer! Helps generating dynamic SQL statements with variable table and field names.
- Easier! Use the binary package to avoid the need of C compiler, pg_config, libpq required on the clients.
- Replication! Support for PostgreSQL physical and logical replication.
- Plays-better-with-pgbouncer-at-transaction-pooling-level! This.