Psycopg 2.3.0-beta1 released
We have just released a new testing package: psycopg 2.3.0-beta1!
As previously described the 2.3 introduces several new features:
- dict to hstore adaptation, compatible with both PostgreSQL 9.0 and previous versions
- two-phase commit protocol support as per DBAPI specification
- support for payload in notifications received from the backend
There are other minor changes and improvements, such as:
- an handy namedtuples returning cursor
- more faithful mogrify() results
- errorcodes updated with the new symbolic constants introduced in PostgreSQL 9.0
Further details and a list of bug fixes is available in the NEWS file in the distribution.